Mental health disorders can have a profoundly negative impact on a person’s life. Millions of people throughout the United States and around the world are affected by these conditions each year.
Many of those people don’t seek help. By making the brave decision to pursue professional intervention, you can drastically improve your quality of life.
East Tennessee Behavioral Health provides inpatient and outpatient services for people who are living with a variety of mental health concerns.
Learn About Treatment for Mental Health Disorders
If you’re struggling with a mental health disorder, you may feel hopeless. It can seem like you have nowhere to turn and that no one understands the pain and uncertainty you’re facing. But at a mental health treatment center, you can receive comprehensive, personalized care from professionals whose sole focus is helping you discover that better days lie ahead.
At our mental health treatment place in Knoxville, Tennessee, we provide options to meet you where you are in your journey. Someone who has acute needs related to a mental health disorder may benefit more from inpatient treatment, while a person who doesn’t require round-the-clock monitoring may be a better candidate for outpatient services.
Finding the right mental health disorder treatment place can help you change your outlook on life.
The Benefits of Mental Health Disorder Treatment
Living with a mental health disorder can disrupt nearly every part of your life. Getting out of bed and getting through the day can be challenging, and it can be hard for those around you to understand what you’re going through.
During mental health treatment sessions, you can learn valuable information about the disorder you have developed. You can begin to better understand the background of your struggles with a mental health disorder and practice coping skills that may prove to be of great value even after treatment has ended.
You may meet other individuals who are experiencing similar struggles, and you may be able to learn from their journey. Each step of the way, you’ll work with a team of experienced mental health treatment professionals.
Therapies Used to Treat Mental Health Disorders
Each person has a different background and unique experiences that may shape the way a mental health disorder affects them. Because of this, it’s important for us to provide you with personalized treatment that takes into account all the factors that make you unique.
Prior to your admission at East Tennessee Behavioral Health, we will conduct a thorough evaluation of your medical history, any prior mental health treatment you may have received, and your current situation. This will help us put together a personalized mental health treatment plan to best serve your needs.
Depending on the type and level of care you need, your treatment plan may include:
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Medication management services
- Detoxification services if you have a co-occurring substance use disorder
- Basic medical care
Our staff works hard to find the treatment approaches that are best for each individual. These may include elements of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), motivational enhancement, and other evidence-based interventions.
Why Choose Our Mental Health Disorder Treatment Center?
When you decide that it’s time to seek professional intervention for a mental health disorder, you want to understand exactly what you’re signing up for and how treatment can help.
Our admissions team at East Tennessee Behavioral Health is happy to answer any questions you may have prior to admission. When you receive care at our mental health treatment center, you can benefit from:
- Personalized treatment plans: We will strive to understand your needs, strengths, and goals based on your pre-admission assessment. We’ll use this information to compile a personalized mental health treatment plan, chart your progress, and make any necessary adjustments along the way.
- A multidisciplinary treatment team: We have a team that consists of a variety of experts in the field of behavioral health who have your best interests in mind. Among those you may work with are physicians, psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, nurses, licensed therapists, and a dietitian.
- Clinically excellent care: Each patient who receives treatment with us participates in evidence-based services that have a track record of helping many people cope with the effects of mental health disorders.
- Detailed aftercare plans: We will start planning for your eventual discharge at the time of your admission. At the conclusion of your time in treatment, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive aftercare plan that may include information about follow-up visits, community resources, and support groups.
If you have questions about the programming at our mental health treatment center, please reach out to us when you’re ready. A member of our staff is available 24/7 to help you determine if treatment at East Tennessee Behavioral Health is the right choice for you.
This content was written on behalf of and reviewed by the clinical staff at East Tennessee Behavioral Health.