When you make the decision to receive professional treatment for a behavioral health concern, the last thing you want to encounter is a confusing, drawn-out admissions process. At East Tennessee Behavioral Health, we make it our mission to help you enter treatment as soon as possible.
East Tennessee Behavioral Health serves adolescents, adults, and senior adults who have mental health and co-occurring disorders, which includes psychiatric diagnoses and substance use disorders.
We offer inpatient services and a partial hospitalization program (PHP) for adolescents, adults, and seniors, as well as an intensive outpatient program (IOP) for adults and senior adults.
At the inpatient level, we feature four units that help us provide age-appropriate care based on the population and diagnosis. They are:
- Thought disorder and dual diagnosis for adults
- Mood disorder for adults
- Adolescents (ages 13-17)
For admission to our adult, senior, or co-occurring treatment, a person must:
- Be struggling with a mental health concern or addiction
- Be able to benefit from access to 24-hour nursing care that can help them achieve stabilization and a higher level of functioning
- Not currently need acute medical care, isolation due to infection, or hospice service
We treat all psychiatric diagnoses, including depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and behavioral disturbances related to dementia.
Though we treat substance use disorders, insurance will only cover addiction treatment as a primary diagnosis if that patient is struggling with an opioid addiction. If a patient has any other substance use disorder, it can only be treated as a co-occurring diagnosis.
When you’re in crisis from severe symptoms of a mental health or substance use concern, you need professional help immediately. East Tennessee Behavioral Health will offer a streamlined admissions process so that you can get the treatment you need quickly and efficiently.
At our inpatient treatment center in Knoxville, Tennessee, we will serve adolescents, adults, and senior adults who are suffering from acute symptoms of mental health disorders such as:
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
We will also provide care for individuals who need crisis stabilization for symptoms related to various substance use disorders.
Our expert team will make all admissions decisions on an individual basis after completing a comprehensive assessment of your needs and recovery goals. This will help us identify the type and level of care that’s right for you.
Here’s what you will be able to expect from the admissions process at our inpatient treatment center in Knoxville, Tennessee:
- We will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer your questions about our inpatient services or to schedule your assessment.
- You will be able to complete an assessment in person or over the phone.
- The assessment will involve a conversation with one of our knowledgeable team members to determine whether our inpatient treatment center is the right fit for your needs.
- If we determine that East Tennessee Behavioral Health is the best place for you, we will schedule your admission date and collect additional information and documentation. We will also make the appropriate referral to a trusted, vetted source if we feel that another facility may be a better fit for you.
- When you arrive at our facility, you will learn more about our policies and procedures, get to know our staff, and tour our campus.
- Our multidisciplinary team will then conduct a comprehensive assessment to more fully understand your therapeutic needs.
- We will create a personalized treatment plan for you, and you will then begin treatment.
Beginning Your Treatment Experience
Once we determine the type of care and treatment level that are right for you, our staff will begin to develop your personalized treatment plan. This plan will take into account your individual needs, goals, and strengths, and we may periodically update it to reflect the progress you’ve made and programs you’ve completed.
Your plan will include only the services that benefit your recovery goals. Therapeutic interventions you may participate in include:
- Medication management services
- Family therapy
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
We will also begin to develop an aftercare plan shortly after you start treatment. With an aftercare plan, you’ll be prepared to continue your progress once your time with us is complete. This plan may consist of step-down services, follow-up visits, and community resources that can help you thrive in the days, weeks, and months to come.
If you are in a state of crisis, the caring and compassionate team at East Tennessee Behavioral Health will ensure that you get timely, effective treatment so that you can achieve stabilization and get on the path to better health.